CBD oil stands for Cannabidiol oil. It has garnered a lot of attention in the recent past. Many people are curious to know whether using CBD oil in India is legal. The recent controversy on using CBD oil emerged in the death of actor Sushant Singh Rajput when his girlfriend and actress Rhea Chakraborty admitted its usage. Ever since her confession of using CBD oil on him, people started taking an interest to know if CBD oil is legal in India. What are its legal limitations and how can it be consumed without getting into any trouble?
What is CBD oil?
It’s important to understand that CBD oil is an extract taken from the Cannabis Sativa plant. It is also known as the marijuana plant. The oil has an active ingredient called CBD. However, the secondary ingredient THC gets excluded. The oil is produced from the extract of CBD taken from the cannabis plant along with carrier oil such as hemp seed oil or coconut oil.
Benefits of CBD oil in India
In the last couple of years, CBD oil in India has gained a lot of popularity for it’s healing and therapeutic aspects. The most common benefits of using CBD oil are:
It helps in relieving pain
CBD reduces pain and inflammation by impacting endocannabinoid receptor activity. There are many chronic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and multiple sclerosis where CBD helps a lot.
It reduces symptoms related to cancer
During the chemotherapy, many symptoms such as pain, nausea, and cognitive problems arise. According to research, it is found that the combination of CBD and THC when administered through mouth spray decreases the symptoms to a great extent.
It restricts acne problems
CBD oil in India helps to prevent sebaceous gland cells from secreting enhanced sebum. It also stops the activation of pro-acne agents such as inflammatory cytokines
Promotes heart health
CBD oil also comes with incredible stress-decreasing properties and antioxidants to reduce inflammation and cell death in the context of the heart. Since it has anti-anxiety properties, it helps in reducing blood pressure to a great extent.
Is CBD Oil in India Considered Legal?
There are some important legalities and facts that one must know about the consumption of CBD oil in India or its products.
- Despite having so many benefits, the entire discussion comes to the point of whether CBD oil is legal in India. Well, it has been allowed by the govt since 2019. However, it must be having low amounts of THC.
- Also, it must have the leaf extracts of the cannabis plant. However, it should not be having flower extracts of cannabis.
- Another important point is that the Hemp driven CBD products should be having less than 0.3% THC to qualify for medical usage at a national level, except in some states. On the other hand, marijuana-driven CBD is illegal as per the central level but can be consumed in some states. Hence, CBD oil in India is legal under such conditions.
- Similarly, if you are getting your hands on non-prescription CBD products then they are surely non-FDA approved. However, most CBD products are not approved by the AYUSH Ministry or the FDA.
- Under the NDPS Act and the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, the licensed and legal sale of cannabinoids such as CBD tincture and oil is allowed in India.
- Also, cannabidiol is not at all mentioned under any of the schedules of 1971, 1961, or 1988.
- Some CBD products require prescription that one can get from a certified Ayurvedic doctor. Hence, it’s also important point to consider while buying CBD products in India.
How To Buy CBD Products in India?
There are almost 100 firms in India that are offering multiple types of CBD products. But, buying the best CBD oil India or it’s products is quite a daunting task. Hence, you must:
Search the best sellers and manufacturers because there are many companies offering the CBD oil in India as well as it’s products
Head to online platforms
One can only buy CBD oil in India online. However, it’s better to get the best information about the seller and it’s CBD products.
Interact with like-minded people as much as you can before buying any CBD oil in India or it’s products online. If you are talking to a seller then grill him as much as you can to get the best information about the product.
The Best Indian and International CBD Brands
In the last couple of years, many brands have come into the CBD industry, including:
- Ananta Hemp
- Buy CBD Oil in India
So, you can try the above-mentioned brands online to get the best CBD oil in India. You can also buy several CBD products online.