Hair transplant is a procedure for people who look in the mirror every day and see a flash of skin. Where there used to be a thick head of hair and cannot accept the fact that their hair is thinning. It is a procedure that will complement and thicken it. It is not a very invasive procedure and after a few days you can return to work with a new hairstyle.
Hair transplant: how does the procedure work?
First you need to establish a new hairline on your forehead with your doctor for a natural look. This line is drawn on the skin just before the operation itself. The procedure takes 1–3.5 hours, depending on the size of the bald spot, the number of implants. The density of their placement, the patient’s age, and the chosen technique. Before the procedure, local anesthesia is appliy and you can go home after the procedure. Only children are given general anesthesia.
First, the hair is shaved on the back of the head, in the place from which a strip (or several strips) of hairy skin. 1.0–0.5 cm wide, will be taken. The strip is divide into implants containing 1-3 hair follicles. The scar after the strip, usually a millimeter wide, will later hide under the hair. The place where the hair will be transferred is soaked with a saline solution. Thanks to which the skin becomes harder.
Hair transplant techniques
- Microimplants with a diameter of 0.6–0.9 mm are implanted in previously prepare tubules of the same size in areas without hair or thinning. The distance between them should be approx. 1 mm, then they heal best and the optimal density can be achieved. In the case of large losses, a thickening procedure should be perform after at least six months. But it mainly depends on the patient’s expectations.
- Micro-punctures are made at the right angle, because even hair positioning gives an unnatural appearance, just like increasing the number of hairs in a single implant – the head looks like a brush. If someone has had a transplant done this way, an experienced surgeon can correct it. In people who have irreversibly bald after irradiation, the intervals between the implants are greater, because the skin is then less supplied with blood and the transplant may not be accepted.
- SmartGraft is an automated method of hair transplantation that allows you to increase the number of hair transplanted during one treatment and shorten its duration. The device does not damage the collected hair, the survival rate of which is almost 100%. The procedure is perform under local anesthesia and consists in collecting individual hair follicles from the patient’s head, from its back, by a doctor. After the procedure, the patient does not leave any scars, nor does he feel any numbness at the point of hair collection. There are no sutures and it can resume activity as early as the day after surgery.
- ARTAS hair transplant – the robot uses an algorithm based on artificial intelligence: artas artificial intelligence. A computer system evaluates the quality of the hair units (graphs) and selects the best follicle assemblies from the donor site. The medical robot is able to collect up to 1,000 hair follicles per hour and perform 2,000 implantation sites. All hair structures are collect for the treatment. Hair after transplantation grows similarly to natural hair, and the hairstyle quickly regains its former appearance.
- Related Source: Also read our guide for hair straightening using magic sleek.
The first week after the hair transplant
Swelling and bruising persist for a few days after the treatment, sometimes there is a slight pain. The patient usually gets a layette: painkillers, neomycin. An antibiotic for spraying the scalp for the first week, and gel patches for cold compresses. After a few days, up to a week, all symptoms should disappear. Small puncture scabs will fall off. After a week, no special care is require. You can go out into the sun and frost with an uncovered head.
What should you remember after the hair transplant?
Experts warn that within two weeks of the operation, the transplanted hair follicles will lose their hair, only to resume their lifetime production after three months. Only three months after the transplant, the hair will grow enough to be a hairstyle. At this point, the care of a good hairdresser is need. Hairdressing treatments can be done after two weeks, because by then the skin will heal. After the transplant on the eyebrows, eyelashes, and chest. You have to remember that the hair will constantly grow, so it requires trimming. If the baldness continues to worsen, then after some time – a year or two – a new treatment is require. Around the area where hair was previously transplant to compensate for the difference.
Top countries for hair transplant
While you can get a hair transplant in your own country. A lot of people like to travel to other countries for one of two main reasons, better quality, and cheaper treatment. If you are living in Europe than a hair transplant in Turkey would be the obvious choice. Other than that Hungary, Poland and Germany are also good choices. For those of you living in Asia, best options are Thailand, India, and Mexico.