Best Safety Tips For Stairlift Users
Without having to climb the stairs, the elderly in your home can move from one floor to another through stairlifts. Installing or buying a stairlift is great for people in need of it as it increases their mobility. Not only does it provide the users a sense of independence, but they come with various features to ensure the best for the users. Stairlifts provided by Mobility 123 are some of the best in the market.
However, there are various risks involve while using a stairlift. One has to be extremely careful while using them as they can cause serious accidents if not used properly. Mentioned below are several safety tips that will help stairlift users use it without any health risk.
What are the best safety tips for stairlift users while using Mobility 123 stairlifts?
· Spilling liquids on or near the stairlift is not a great idea. It can easily cause someone to slip. If you need to transfer a liquid, ensure that you are doing so carefully. The liquid should be covere at the top with a lid to avoid spillage.
· There should be no loose items in or near the stairlift. You should be careful if you are wearing jackets, skirts, dresses, etc. These materials can easily get stuck into the mechanism and cause problems. You should ensure that the area is clean before use.
· Mobility 123 stairlifts come with a child-lock immobilization feature. This allows children to be safe and they will not be able to use it without the supervision of another person. This is great to keep your child and the mechanism safe as children have a tendency to play with foreign objects.
· There should be complete cleanliness in the staircase. Items like loose boards, clothing, toys, extra appliances, etc., should not be kept on or near it. This leads to a smooth transition without safety risks.
· Users should ensure that they are buckle properly while using the stairlift. This is because the speed of the stairlifts is fast and proper measures should be taken to ensure complete safety. You should ensure that you are putting on the necessary seat belts.
· Ensure that there are no obstructions in the path of the stairlifts. Stairlifts are equippe with different safety sensors. However, you should ensure your part and ensure complete safety.
· Only one person should use the stairlift at a time. This allows optimum weight balance. This highly reduces risks. Using more weight will make you more prone to accidents. This mechanism is design especially to move one person.
· You should ensure that you are getting regular maintenance conducted for your stairlift. This will ensure that the machine is working properly without any problems. Regular maintenance also helps in detecting problems at an early stage.
· Ensure that you are folding the seat after use. This makes it easier for other people to use the stairs. This can also avoid many accidents that can take place on the stairs. Folding the seat will ensure that there is no blockage of way.
· One of the most important things is to keep in mind all the instructions carefully. This will help you in using the machine carefully and appropriately without any risks.
These are just some of the many safety tips that one should keep in mind while using a stairlift. These tips will help you stay safe while you are using them. You will also be able to make full use of the features provided by Mobility 123 stairlifts. Be careful and keep in mind these safety tips to avoid any health or safety risks. The stairlifts are generally safe but taking extra precautions to keep yourself safe never hurts.