Imagine you are travelling via bus or any other public transport, and suddenly a crash happens. Who will be responsible? Who will you claim against? Most people get confused about who to claim against and how to get compensation in public transport accidents cases. Well, don’t worry because this blog will talk everything about bus accident claims and how personal injury solicitors in Scotland can help you get compensation for being injured due to a public bus driver’s negligence.
WHEN COULD A PERSON MAKE A PUBLIC TRANSPORT ACCIDENT CLAIM?
Public transport in the UK follows all the safety and professional standards. The government has made sure that the transport system follows all the measures and standards in order to be the best in the world. Although public transport accidents are rare, they happen. Legal systems are available to help those recover who are getting injured in accidents involving a coach or bus.
One must understand that government doesn’t only pay compensation to passengers of public transport but also others who get injured by the bus driver on the road. So, you don’t necessarily have to be the passenger to make a claim. Some scenarios include:
- The public transport that you are riding gets involved in a crash or accident.
- You are waiting at the bus stop or bus shelter, and a bus hits you.
- You are driving your vehicle, and a bus hits you, and that wasn’t your fault.
- The bus driver is driving fast, and due to this, you get thrown off your seat, and your head gets hit on the seat in front of you.
- You get an injury while getting off or on the public transport because the driver of the public transport was in a hurry to meet the deadline and the door gets shut even before you enter or leave the public transport.
It doesn’t matter what the circumstance is. If you get injured due to a public transport crash or accident, and that wasn’t your fault, then you are liable to claim and get the compensation.
For many, making a claim for bus injury is easy and straightforward, but that’s not always the case. The reality is different from the theory. People who make a claim and file a bus accident will tell you how hard it is to get compensation in such cases. We say this because bus accidents are complicated, and finding the responsible individual or entity is challenging. For instance, your head gets bumped on the front seat not because the driver was in a rush but because the road condition was terrible or you as a passenger get injured because the driver tried to save a pedestrian who walked in front of the bus. Now, who will you hold responsible in these cases?
MAKE A BUS ACCIDENT COMPENSATION CLAIM
If you have been a bus accident or crash victim, then it doesn’t matter what the circumstances were. You should always try your best to strengthen the case. To do that, you need to have a strong evidence. This may include:
- Record driver’s details, route, date, and time of the accident and the bus number.
- Report the accident to the police.
- Report the accident to the bus company.
- If possible, take photographs of the scene.
- Record details of other vehicles involved in the accident.
- If other passengers are involved, get their contact numbers so that you can call them for witnesses.
- Save all the records as the case unfolds. Make sure you have all the vital evidence.
LET HD CLAIMS HANDLE YOUR CASE
To handle bus accident claims, call HD Claims. Solicitors at HD Claims are experienced in such cases. They will assist you in every step and will do everything on your behalf. The solicitors at HD Claims will also help you to calculate the estimated compensation that you might get.
The best thing about HD Claims is the “No Win No Fee” policy. This means that if, in any case, you lose the case, HD Claims will not charge any fee from you.